Tuesday, November 14, 2006

...And You Will Know us by the Trail of Dead - So Divided

Genre: Indie Rock, Alternative, Post-punk

Release Date: 11/14/06
Sounds Like: Unwound, Seachange, Superchunk
Overall Rating: 5.4/10

Summary: I must admit I am a huge Trail of Dead fan, so perhaps my review is biased, but I will try to call like it is. This is a decent album, but it lacks the fire of Source Tags and Codes and thankfully it is less indulgent than Worlds Apart. Unfortunately, it falls somewhere in between and yet fails to capture the brilliance of either album. I am disappointed. I was expecting so much more from this album and perhaps it is because my expectations were too high. So let's be fair, this album is good compared to so many other close to famous indie bands, yet it lacks the ROCK and NOISE and so much more. A few tracks stand out, but overall I am disappointed. They are still heavy at times, they are artistic at times, yet they fail to convince in either. I predict Trail of Dead will break up sometime during their next tour. You heard it here first!!! Click here to hear a few tracks from their myspace site.

Ratings Summary:
Originality within Genre: 5.0
Originality by Band: 5.0
Production: 8.0
Did I like it?: 5.0

Track Ratings:
1) NR
2) 6.9
3) 6.5
4) 6.9
5) 2.1
6) 4.9
7) 5.2
8) 5.9
9) 5.8
10) NR
11) 6.6

No comments: