Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Goldrush - Ozona (2005)


Genre- Indie Pop/Rock

Goldrush are from Oxford, England and signed to the Better Looking label. Ozona is their second full length release. The album is loaded with many textures of music. There are piano, horns, synths, acoustic and electric guitars all melded into a cohesive pop sound. Robin Bennett provides adequate vocals and at times sounds just about perfect for the wall of sound behind him. Overall though, his vocals are not stellar. The band’s sound reminds me a lot of Grandaddy, though certainly not as quirky. One of the problems I have with this album is how some of the interesting instrumentation gets lost. The piano and horns barely rise above a whisper compared to the guitar. I would like to hear more of those instruments adding depth to the sound. Nevertheless, this is a pretty decent album. Best songs are Counting Song and Let you down.

Rating- 5.5/10

Buy it at Insound!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave Van Zandt, very unique blog you have! I was looking for hip hop music related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a hip hop music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please visit it.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Dave Van Zandt, I was just browsing, looking for free music downloads related information and found your site. Very Nice! I have a free music downloads site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Dave Van Zandt, I was looking for free music downloads related information and found your site. I have a free music downloads site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Stop by and check it out when you can.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Dave Van Zandt, I was just browsing, looking for pop music related information and found your site. Very Nice! I have a pop music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave Van Zandt. I was looking for kelly clarkson music related information and came across your Goldrush - Ozona (2005). Very good reading! I have a kelly clarkson music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. If you have a similar site and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.Check it out when you can :)