Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tullycraft - Disenchanted Hearts Unite (2005)


Genre- Indie Pop, Twee Pop

Tullycraft are based in Seattle, Washington and reside on the Magic Marker label. This is their fourth full release. Until this day I have never heard a Tullycraft song, so I cannot compare this album to their back catalog. Disenchanted Hearts Unite is a decent album. I must tell you that this is not an album I would choose to listen to ordinarily. I'm just not a big fan of Twee Pop. This album, however, is a lot of fun. As I listen, I imagine I am sitting on a beach drinking some cold beverages and absorbing the hot rays of summer. This album makes you feel good. It makes you want to party and just forget about all of life’s stresses. Disenchanted Hearts Unite is loaded with pop hooks, jangly guitars, sweet harmonies, and well, just about everything you want while laying on a warm beach catching a summertime buzz. This is fantastic bubblegum indie pop. If you are a fan of Twee then I would think this album is pretty important in the scope of the genre. Best tracks are Stowaway, Our Last Days In Kansas, The Last Song and Polaroids From Mars.

Rating- 7/10

Buy it at Insound!

No comments: