Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn (2005)


Genre- Instrumental Rock, Experimental, Post Rock

Red Sparowes is composed of members of the bands Isis and Neurosis. The bands bio states that the core group will continue to work with these and other musicians for each recording, allowing subtle and textural progressions in the music, while still keeping the heart of the sound intact. The core sound of Red Sparowes is a slow building guitar epic that breaks over you like a giant ocean wave. It leaves you swirling in a froth of guitar and textures before it releases you and retreats away leaving calm beauty. Vocals are not found on this instrumental album, although human voice is used as an instrument in some songs. After repeated listens you finally understand how the layers of sound build intricate song structures. This is a fascinating band. I can’t recommend any particular song because they all stand out as unique and powerful. I would suggest that if you are a fan of Mogwai, Godspeed You Black Emperor or perhaps My Bloody Valentine then Red Sparowes would probably be exactly what you are looking for.

Rating- 9/10

Buy it at Insound!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts Dave Van Zandt. I was looking for #KEYWORD## related information and found your blog. I have a download music for free online site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Dave Van Zandt, I was looking for rock music related information and found your site. I have a rock music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Stop by and check it out when you can.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Dave Van Zandt, I was looking for hip hop music related information and found your site. I have a hip hop music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Stop by and check it out when you can.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Dave Van Zandt, I was looking for jazz music related information and found your site. I have a jazz music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Stop by and check it out when you can.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave Van Zandt, very unique blog you have! I was looking for free mp3 downloads related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a free mp3 downloads site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please visit it.